Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #11
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

My sister has an Epson; I had an Epson two printers ago - and its true they're good. But my Lexmark and the one before it has never left track lines - especially not on Glossy Paper - even at Quick Print. I've had the Z12 and now the X74; and none of them have left Track Lines; in fact, neither of them have broken down why connected to good old Jennifer, or Silver before her; while in my care of course. When I moved the Z12 down to my frontroom with the old Computer my sister had she managed to get a blackjack in the paper feeder and moaned for days before I managed to realise that a dry blackjack is stronger than the wheels of a printer! I had to tweezer it out - I don't like sweet; I hate them - and then it went a little haywire.

I must admit though - those Epsons are strong little Bastards. Once I needed to clean the Epson's Head; and the Heads are in the Printer so I had to get the print Cartridge Holder out of the Printer, clean it, and put it back in. I managed to do this first time with no trouble; bit of kicking and leavering here and there but it was good afterwards!

Old 03-02-2004, 06:49 PM   #12
Solid State Member

Default Re: Cordless Optical TrackBall Vs Cordless Optical Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
But my Lexmark and the one before it has never left track lines - especially not on Glossy Paper - even at Quick Print
I had a Z11, an 1100, and one that I can't remember the model of but the dpi was 2400 ( bought it to upgrade from my Epson that prints at 1700dpi ). They all left track lines, the latter I took back to the store after playing with it for a day because the compared pictures to the Epson were obvious.

Quote:
I must admit though - those Epsons are strong little Bastards. Once I needed to clean the Epson's Head; and the Heads are in the Printer so I had to get the print Cartridge Holder out of the Printer, clean it, and put it back in. I managed to do this first time with no trouble; bit of kicking and leavering here and there but it was good afterwards!
Amen to that... I've had one that has survived three years of my repair antics and my cyclonic excuse for a home! [[searches for wood to knock on]]

samainfirenight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:16 AM   #13
Solid State Member

Okies ... Thanx 4 ur opinions .... !!!!!
ankit_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 04:21 AM   #14
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Dragonjames2

I have a trackball and infra red mouse. the infra red is way better cos those big balls are hard togame with
Old 03-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #15
Guru

First persons, RPGs, Games like Dungeon Siege are all wonderful with the trackball - I had had about 3 months and 8 hours a day of constant practice with the thing before I could do it! But I like the size - good for big hands and the like; uses all the hand and not just two fingers and half the palm!

Who else hates Laptop Pads! I just hate them!
Old 03-03-2004, 01:56 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
First persons, RPGs, Games like Dungeon Siege are all wonderful with the trackball - I had had about 3 months and 8 hours a day of constant practice with the thing before I could do it! But I like the size - good for big hands and the like; uses all the hand and not just two fingers and half the palm!

Who else hates Laptop Pads! I just hate them!
I got used to them now.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:08 PM   #17
Guru

Yeah; you do a bit; but I simply cannot get used to them! they're just bloody silly!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:45 PM   #18
Solid State Member

I like the Trackpoint on the IBM laptops. Those things are the trick! The little stick sits in the center of the keboard, and is quite the handy little bugger.
samainfirenight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 PM   #19
Guru

Hmm, I have not seen the Trackpoint things - but I imagine they're a little silly! Although; I can see the advantage of them.