Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Cooling Problems?!?!

Hi all,

I think i have a cooling problem but i am not sure, my computer can run all day long and i can play games and do all the normal things you do on a PC, but every now and again if i play a game like MS flight simulator 2004 my computer will just turn off! No warning just bam! I go to power it back on and sometimes it just starts then imediatly stops, i have to wait for a minute before it boots up normally again.

Now, i have looked over the internet, and i have downloaded many monitoring programs, and it looks like my CPU is running around 50 degrees when idle.

Last week i brought two 80mm cooling fans that i put into my computer at the back, i used one for sucking and one for blowing. i also have a exhaust sucker in one of my PCI slots. Before i put these in the PC seemed to do it garanteed when i started a game, now it just does it, like i said above, on particular games.

Do you think i am bouncing on the limits, and maybe an extra fan (maybe one of those fans that blow directly on to the processor) should do it? or maybve i should just rearrange the two fans i have installed? I should have them both blowing air in?

any way any ideas? bearing in mind i have looked all over the internet for an answer. I see on some site 50 degrees is deemed as pretty high?

I have a P4 3.2Ghz Presscott CPU.
2gb Dual Ram
6800GT Graphic card

cheers guys

deanos63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Cooling Problems?!?!

did u put the fan and heatsink on the cpu, the one that came with it or an upgraded one?

mtotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:46 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Cooling Problems?!?!

What kind of PSU do you have?
Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote