cooling my graphics card

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
as many of you know, i might be getting a graphics card, maybe tomorrow, or maybe next month.
one question i have is that what is the best was to cool down a graphics card?
i dont want to water cool my computer just yet.
so now i will stick with heatsinks and fans.
so my questions would be....
should i buy a graphics card that has a heatsink and a fan that extends over a pci slot, and the air vents out the back? (taking up 2 slots)
get one that takes up only one slot?
or get one that takes up only one slot, and buy a pci fan that has two fans like this on newegg, and put it on top/bottom of the graphics card?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835114024

Graphics cards that take up 2 slots generally make alot of noise, take alot of power and are usually huge cards that take up your whole case.. i would just get a one slot if you can and then get that pci fan

well, my computer is already as loud as it is, i have to turn my tv up whenever i use my computer.
so adding one with that big of a fan wouldnt annoy me.

Ok than if noise doesnt concern you and you have a good enough power supply, than a 2 slot would be good...

with all of that cooling you can overclock like a beast

TBH most graphics cards have suitable cooling on them themselves i mean they have huge temperature threshholds compared with CPU's

i overclocked my graphics card.
and when i play mass effect on the highest settings, and i still lag a little.
but anyways, when i am done playing, the gpu temperature is at 65 degrees celsius, is there any way to make it cooler without replacing the heatsink and fan?
the graphics card i have now is one that takes up a single slot, and theres no fans above or under it either.

uhh, i already got 7 120mm fans in my case.
2 on the side, 2 on top, 1 in the back, 1 on the bottom, and 1 in front.
i think the case was made for SLi

But your card is getting to 65C it should be at 60C under load.. what is your video card temp at idle?

Back
Top Bottom