Cooling for the EVGA 660?

I have got to get my paperwork for the hotel finished. When I get done with that I'm going to come back and tell you how to cut out and install a roof fan. It's not real complicated. Just let me get done with my paper work.

I hope you haven't ordered that case yet. For 39.95usd at Newegg you can get the MC Elite 431 plus. It has 2 roof fan holes, 1 in the back, and an installed 120mm in the front.

I'll have 2 fans I can install in the rear, and one is preinstalled on the front, should I put both rear fans on the top? I think that'd be better air flow as the heated air rises rather than rising then having to move out the back. My case has two slots for fans on the top I included the link below if you need it

Amazon.com: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus - Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and X-Dock (RC-431P-KWN2): Electronics

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

And I just ordered everything last night (660 was on sale for $190 for $250 had to jump on that)

Yeah I guess. But seriously get another fan to go in the back or take the one out of the front and use it. A passive intake will work better any way.
If you don't go that route then make sure you put duct tape over the fan hole you don't use in the back. Otherwise you're going to short circuit the air flow in the case.

Yea because then it would end up sucking air through the back then out the top accomplishing nothing if my reasoning is correct. And sounds good thanks so much for the help! Once I get my PC built I'll try 1 fan in the front with the two up top check the temp. after an hour of idling, then try again later with all three in the back

That's the spirit. Do make sure you shut your computer off before you do anything to it.
There's another thread in here where the guy was working inside his computer and something metal touched the mother board. It died.

Yea haha I'm now terrified of static electricity, but I've been watching videos online of how to assemble it, I'm just worried about plugging in all the wires from the PSU and wondering what it'll do first boot up because it has window already installed and in the videos I've watched the (bios?) from the motherboard popped up and then they installed windows. Not to mention installing all the drivers haha

Back
Top Bottom