Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

Your 8 core cpu chip consumes 125 watts of power. That translates in to a lot of heat.
What comes to mind is to check the airflow in the case and if you over/under pasted it.
But then on the other hand this thread is about the Hyper 212 EVO not the plus.

Hi :)

I use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler and found it to be a great cooler for my Core i7 3770K (spec as my sig), Idle temp around 25c load after over 1 hour temp is 46c.

CoreTemp (white numbers far left)

000180_zps2ca48689.png

Installing Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

3109_zps5599842e.png

I finally got back on the folding at home gig and man that was a blast. Folding protein molecules. You wanna stress test your system? Set it up to run full blast on the CPU and the GPU. Man did that sucker get hot. It went from 91F with the FAH already loaded with the project, Intel desktop utilities to monitor the over all devices minus the GPU temp, CPUZ to tell me how fast the CPU was running, and Coretemp 1.0 to show individual core temps and TjMax.

Letting it stabilize for a few minutes while I got rid of some coffee and got some more, I dropped the hammer on the FAH program. 12:15AM.
From 91F it rose in less than a minute to 129F. The GPU came on line with the program and the CPU temp jumped to 135F. Not having a GPU temp monitoring program I don't know what it was running at. It steady climbed to 145 F where it settled in.

I scooted my happy buns on to bed and checked it at 7:30 AM. You're going to love this...
The FAH program had finished and uploaded it's results and was sitting doing nothing.
The CPU had fallen back to 91 F. The rest of the monitored devices were safely sitting at their idle temps. Here's the odd part.
The CPU fan had revved up to 1725 RPMs and was stuck there. Last time it did that I was running Prime95 over night. On both of these occasions I haven't let it sit an see if it winds back down, I just rebooted the system and the CPU fan speed comes back at 659 to 680. At the high RPMs you can tell it's running. It gets a little noisy. Wrrrrrrrrr...

I need to find something that will let me look at the GPU temps next time. But over all I'm pretty happy with the CM Hyper 212 EVO's performance. More testing later.

Oh poop I did it again. Forgot to add the ambient room temp last night was 71 F. Raining like a cow with bad kidneys and muggy inside and out.

Last edited:
This is tonight's running of FAH. This project is taking a while so I run it full bore all night when I'm normally sacked out. The vid card monitor and tweaking software is from the EVGA website.

attachment.php

The ambient is 68 F.

I had to repost some of the temp pics since they were hosted on a forum that closed recently.

Idle
attachment.php

Running FAH
attachment.php

attachment.php

Keeps it pretty cool running even under some serious loads.

Back
Top Bottom