Cool, i'm running Linux inside windows

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
I got an emulator program to work, and was able to run 2 different types of linux inside windows so far (DSL, and Ubuntu).
Linuxinwindows.jpg

linux2.jpg

can you please kindly explain how to do that?

i want to see what linux is really looking like.

thanks AL

He is a tutorial i found, DSL is the easiest to install and run in windows since they have an already working package (explained in link). You can run about any distro/os with the emulator which is explained if you scroll to the bottom where the red link is. It explaines how to use the emulator in-depth to use just about any Linux version.

Link - http://crmaykish.cr.funpic.org/articles/running-linux-inside-windows.php

If you want to try linux out for the first time you can download something called a "live cd" which you boot from, and it doesn't mess with your windows os.

If you need any help you can im or email me.

Linux is a whole different OS. It is soo much safer then windows, but if you run it inside windows you can still get viruses since you are still using windows. The only way you would be totally safe is if you just used Linux and that was it.
I like Ubuntu linux the best since it combines power with a nice user interface. www.ubuntu.com

how do you run unbuntu under qemu, i was able to run DSL, but i want to run unbuntu because it is better...

ok thank you for link... i will work on it a little

i am curious you said that running linux on window is not safe ... what about running linux from boot and disable win xp is stored but not running on pc is not safe too? "two os"

ok where can i get live cd? can it unistall or delete without any problem? what if i install live cd and do i have to re setup some program, internet, etc?

thanks again
AL.

of course, i will pm you when i need some help.

i think it will be safe then, because you will be booting to windows, and when you surf the net, the packets would not be going thru windows protocols, so yeah i think it will be safer.

TCW2, how do i get unbuntu to run, did not see a distro that had embedded in it...

Back
Top Bottom