Converting Issues!!!!!!!

cantona

Daemon Poster
Hi

I am just wondering how one converts bitmap files into word document via eithier win xp or office 2003

You see I did it once and now I can't remember how

Thanx for any help provided!!!!!

Sorry I didn't add this in the original message but here goes:

1) It's Win Xp (sp2) I am using
2) The files were sent to me as file attachments and the reason I want to convert them is so I can format them and correct a few things on them. I am unable to do this because file was scanned!!!!!!

I had a thought that when he sent it to me that he sent as a 'read-only'
but when I look at its properties the read only box is unchecked!!!!

Any advise would be appreciated!!!!!!

Don't you mean word documents to bitmap files? I wouldn't think you could format if you made them word docutments... though I'll assume you do mean that

Just open word, and go to Insert, Picture... From file and find it and press okay, which will insert it into a word document.

If you mean to get it out of the word document and into Paint or something, simply right click the image while in Word, and go to Copy. Go to a Paint program (e.g Photoshop) and paste the image by going to Edit, Paste.

Hope this helps

Sorry if I didnot explain myself clearly but here goes!!!

I remeber doing this a little whgile a go. I had just recieved a scanned bitmap file and I wanted to send it as a file attachment also I tried but the file was to big.

Now here is where my memory is hazy but I do know I converted the bitmap file into a different type of document (I assume word).

PLEASE HELPP!!!!

Sorry for not understanding, but you did say word...

You'd probably convert it then into a JPEG image which is compressed, while bitmap isn't.

Simply go into Paint in accessories, load up the bitmap image, and go to save as, and call it a different name, and select the 'Save as type' to JPEG (jpg).

The file size will be reduced dramatically and you'll be able to send it no probs :) The file quality will not be reduced that much either, though like an MP3 file, quality will drop a minor amount depending on the colours/blends used.
Don't worry though, you see loads of Jpeg images on the web for instance.

Thank you Kage for your help

One final question!!!!

I also want to edit the file and as JPG I am not really able to do it as nicely as if it was a document.

Is there anyway of changing it to something else so I am able to write all over it without it looking like I added a text box on a scanned file.

Thankyou

PS The file is a resume

Have you still got the original file?
If so, work over that, and then convert to jpg file again

Because it is compressed, Paint can't edit it very well since it sees the colour data as gradients. As long as you went to save as and didn't save over the file, the other one should still be there

Adobe Photoshop would allow you to work better with JPEG files, but it is not free and is a proffessional package

Hope this helps

Kewl, thats good, Thanks for that link Techy Geek, never heard of it :p :D

This will allow you to do what you want, easily

Back
Top Bottom