Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default converting file to iso

ok guys so i have a usb to network port adapter that i use to service computers that dont have pxe bootable network cards but the boot file is on a floppy and seeing how computers arent using floppy anymore these days what i want to do is take the file off of the floppy and convert it to iso so that i can load it onto a copy of the ultimate boot cd. So i used winimage to open and read the floppy so when i did that the file was a mba file which i have never seen before so i went about and tryed to convert it to an image file so that i could open it in winimage and add it to the images dir in the ultimate boot cd so i did, then i burnt it to iso onto a cd stuck that bad boy in and tryed to boot and guess what no go so if you guys can give me some pointers on how to do this cuz im just taking a shot in the dark here haha.

mechanicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: converting file to iso

Download the trial version of PowerISO and load the files into that program. Look at the bottom of the interface and it should say "bootable image." If it doesn't, you're going to have to make it bootable. Try that first.

RAM - 6GB PC2-6400
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
elgsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #3
Beta Member

ok i will try that but win iso has the same thing at the bottom and it said it was bootable when i burned it.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to wmorri

Quote:
Download the trial version of PowerISO and load the files into that program. Look at the bottom of the interface and it should say "bootable image." If it doesn't, you're going to have to make it bootable. Try that first.
You don't need to download a trial version of anything there are a lot of good free software programs out there. I would recommend that you take a look at cdburnerxp It will create and burn isos for you without any cost.

Cheers!

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Beta Member

ok guys tryed those programs still nothing it wont boot maybe its the mba file idk what is an mba file and can you convert it to an image, maybe i should just try to make a bootable cd by itself so how should i go about converting this floppy to an iso bootble cd?