Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-19-2005, 07:36 AM   #11
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Controllment of another computer remotely

TRDCorrolla, where is the remote assistance in XP. and how do i use it.

1024 Kingston Hyperx Ram
TibsBeatAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:29 AM   #12
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to luminousnerd Send a message via MSN to luminousnerd

Hey guys, that feature sounds awesome, I figured how to initiate it so I think I'll experement some time soon, if there are any volunteers to let me try it, that'd be great, otherwise I'll pick an unsuspecting victim from my buddy list, lol. Thanks a lot guys, you've been helpful!

As for not training my users, I don't really plan to...I wouldn't be the best teacher. My job is to get in, get rid of all the viruses, spyware, and all that crud...then I set them up on firefox, and then tell them how to use firefox and that's about it. Basically I clean out the gutters of their computer...hey, that'd make a good slogan.

luminousnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:36 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Thats actually a pretty good idea, now u just have to market it, and obviously knwo what ur doing urself.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ [939 Socket] W/ ASUS "A8N-SLI Premium" (OC'd @2.4ghz) | 560W Silverstone Spider PSU | Kingston 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory | Dual MSI Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB DDR3 128-bit PCIe @555/1111 in SLI | Samsung 19" LCD 930B (8ms) | Western Digital 200 GB SATA II (x2) | LG Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
d_source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #14
BSOD

Use remote assistance form the windows xp help file. This should work if they agree?
Steven11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:07 PM   #15
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to luminousnerd Send a message via MSN to luminousnerd

Yea, that's what I have decided to do. And I already know how to do this, obviously lol. But yea, marketing...probably use magic nickel and whatnot. I don't want a professional full time job or anything, just a little extra money to fix people up.
luminousnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:32 PM   #16
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TibsBeatAll
TRDCorrolla, where is the remote assistance in XP. and how do i use it.
You have to let the other person know (perhaps a walkthough on a cell phone or something) that you are going to attempt this so contact the other person somehow. Both of you have to be online and preferrably with broadband and must have Windows XP. Go to the Start button and click on "All Programs". You should see "Remote Assistance" towards the far right somewhere. Both of you open it. Then ask the other person to click on "Invite someone to help you". They will put your email address and select "Invite this person". I usually use their Messenger ID if they have a Microsoft Passport account. You accept it and you can see their Desktop. You can gain control of their Desktop by clicking on a button that says something like "take control of PC" or something like that. THe other person has to agree and you have control over everything. Everything you do, they can see inclding the cursor moving around. It's like using PCAnywhere.