Controlling my fan speed????

newguy11

Baseband Member
i have a question about controlling the fan speed in my computer. i have the antec twelve hundred, and the case provides 6 fans (3 front, 1 top, 2 back), and the case allows me to control their speed. on the side of the case there is a bracket that allows one 120mm fan. i just got a thermaltake thunderblade blue LED fan. i hooked it up and it works awesome... BUT ITS SO LOUD!!!!! obviously because it has high rpm. now to my question haha, would any of you smart people be kind enough as to help a technologically retarded person control his fan speed. i want to turn down the rpm so it will be more quiet, any ideas? thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999127

You can try software like SpeedFan, which doesn't always work. Or, you could buy a fan controller like I did.

Speed fan is crap. If you want total control get a fan/temp controller. I use two different types. One fits in the floppy bay and the other one fits in a drive bay. Areocool is the main brand I use. Good ones can be had for around $35.00usd and ones that just do the job for around $20.00usd. Check newegg and microcenter.com.

Hey. I have that EXACT same fan. My friend had a computer and I deboed it from his case.
I'll give you my experience. Personally its a little loud compared to my old dell 3000. Maybe cuz its a 120mm or something idk really know. Currently its running at 850rpm. But its pretty cool. The blue color is a nice touch. I'd say go for it. Course i didn't have to pay for it.

Pay attention the the max output per channel when choosing a fan controller, if the max power draw of the fans is higher than the output of the controller, it's not going to work.

That fan controller supports up to 30 watts per channel. I'm sure he'll be fine with a single fan on each one.

Back
Top Bottom