consumers reports:work horse computers

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
i just got though checking out Consumers Reports mag. they tested 9 computers as workhorse's (windows) here is the list:

1) gateway 510xl,2.8-ghz petium 4
2)dell dimension 4600,2.8-ghz pentium 4
3)HP pavillion a410e (d)a610e,2.1-ghz AMD athlon
4)compaq presario s6000t (d) sr1ooot,2.8-ghz pentium 4
5)emachines t3265,t3092,2.2-ghz AMD athlon
6)sony vaio PCV-rs500c (d) PCV-rs600c,2.8-ghz pentium 4
7)IBM thinkcentre a50p,2.8-ghz pentium 4
MAC COMPUTERS WERE:
1)apple imac 17", 1.25-ghz power pc g4 (d)
2)apple emac combo, 1.0-ghz power pc g4

so there are the windows workhorse computers, why is the dell pc/ in 2nd place ? ...i don't get it.

cuz ur silly, and randomly diss dell and think they are bad.

well Gatway's were # 1 and it was my 1st computer i bought...just glad to see they have it together.

i've owned 2 and they served me well !!

well, i dont like dell, ive owned one personnally and dont like it, that was before i started up my business building comps... now when i have a broken dell come into my shop we have a term for it... they just got "delled"

Dont worry. Big magazines get paid to say what they say.

They help fuel the fire of lies that big companies make the best computers.

Just remember you cant trust what people say if they are saying it becuase they got paid to tell it to you that way.

maybe, but if they said that they have done bench testing & gave results: i'm shure there are people that would catch em in a lie if it wern't true.

i'm not saying trust everything you read....but i do trust reviews of products that people acually bought and used.

well a aplace I applied for a job today had a problem with a dell and they also know that its hard to tlak to anyone at dell.

consumer reports does buy the systems like everyone else does. but, however, they dont have very technical people reviewing. they have people that test everything and thats it, no dedicated people testing a certain product. and mabye someone from housewares got to test those systems that time, I can tell they rotate testers since one manufacturer had a lower end model score higher than a higher end model.

Just understand this they do cater to people who give them money.

Also benchmarks will come out different for a computer that is the exact same model.

Not all parts are built alike. Meaning sometimes its just the luck of the draw how fast your computer would be.

Back
Top Bottom