Considering Overclocking my Computer RAM and CPU

leave the voltages stock
u only raise volts in your having stability issues
higher volt means higher temp

just slow raise the front side bus
keep going till its unstable
once its unstable increase the volt as tiny bit until stable
stop when happy or when temps are to high

Does Memory overclocking shows a decent improvement. I want to get a little more out of the computer other than OCing the CPU.

And by the way, When I make my next post I shall hopefully be running at 3010Mhz. :D

Does Memory overclocking shows a decent improvement. I want to get a little more out of the computer other than OCing the CPU.
With an Intel platform, no because of the limitations of the FSB. But your CPU has a built-in memory controller which allows your CPU direct access to the memory so higher speeds will make more of a difference. Make sure you find the sweet spot between latencies and bandwidth.

why your doing this overclock your video card as well
ull see an improvement in gaming

why your doing this overclock your video card as well
ull see an improvement in gaming

Actually, I just decided to run Oblivion to look at some of the improvements, and WOW.

My 7600GT is running like a kitty. Before if I set the graphics sliders to the middle and had full 1280x1024 it would lag with about 10 to 15 FPS in a city. Now I'm getting a 25-30 constant frame rate in the city.

I have also been takeing screen shots of a benchmark I have been using since for some reason 3DMark06 isn't letting me do the CPU tests. The Benchmark is by PassMark and I have see a difference in scores.

210MhzOC.jpg

How would I go about overclocking my memory. The timings seem a bit complicated.

I'm not sure if I want to go any higher. Its stable at that speed with stock voltages. The Temps only reach to a highest of 54C (that was when the room was at 27C) and when the room is at about 21-24C its highest temp is 51C.

Personally I think theres 200Mhz of speed that the ram is not using, so I what to make that a little less.
Wow, I'm stupid, I forgot that Overclocking the FSB increases the Ram speed too.

That still doesn't change the fact that I have no idea what ram timing I can change in my benefit without frying the Sticks.

its time for that video card
lets bump up the core clock and memory
will get u running crysis at max in no time =P

Back
Top Bottom