Considering a New Computer

Smack

Baseband Member
I currently run an Acer Aspire with Core 2 Duo T6600 (2.2 Ghz / 800 Mhz), HD4570 with 2GB, 4GB RAM with a 320GB HD. No idea on the motherboard. It's a nice laptop, but it's a bit slow on Medieval 2:Total War, the only real game I play. It's also a pain if I want to drag to uni to do work there. So I'm considering getting a new desktop for myself, sell this laptop, and get a small netbook for uni work. I reckon I can get £200 - £400 from this laptop since it's pretty new (not even a year old yet.)

As to the desktop, it has to be able to run Medieval 2, and any mods I download to use with it. Currently my laptop takes 3 minutes a turn using the Third Age mod, which is starting to irritate me a lot. I was looking at the Intel i5 760 before I joined here, and then I saw you had it for the high end OC system anyway. Pretty much what I'd be looking to buy, except I'll be buying in GBP and also have a very good local computer market nearby (Bowlers in Trafford if anyone's heard of it), that I know a few people who can do me some excellent deals on new hardware.

Basically I'm looking for advice as to the components I should buy, whether I should look for the exact same specification that you have in the high end OC build, what components that are better than the ones listed there, such as I'll get the 760 since I know I can get it for £3 more than the 750, and so it's worth paying the little bit extra. All advice shall be great! :)

~ Smack

Back
Top Bottom