Connection problem

bluenose1940

In Runtime
Hello folks,

I seem to have a bit of a problem each time I come to use my computer.

It used to be that when I clicked the mouse button everything would spring into life but, recently for some reason I have to get it all going by pressing the on-off button on the monitor. When I look at this button on the monitor and before pressing it, it is amber coloured and is obviously still powered up, and if I press it a few times it sort of scrolls until it turns blue, I can then click the mouse again and I then get some action.

The monitor is an HP2408h. I have tried fiddling about with its own menu but can't seem to overcome the problem.

I am wondering if any of you more technically minded members may have come across this before or, may know how I can resolve the issue.

Many thank.

That sound similar to the problem I had so let me get this right.

You click on the mouse to start a program and your video goes out?

Sounds like a hardware issue but i would look for a bad connector to the computer. Wiring can get pinched and will cause something like that. Something is not getting the signal to the monitor from the computer. I'd start with another cable and then the monitor. Try and see if it will connect to a different monitor ok or tv. Use the same cable you use now. If it acts the same way, its a cable that's bad. If it works fine on different monitor, then its your monitor that has the issue.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

That sound similar to the problem I had so let me get this right.

You click on the mouse to start a program and your video goes out?

He's saying it won't wake up from sleep mode with clicking the mouse.

Back
Top Bottom