Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Connecting old computer to crt tv

Hi all, I've connected an old computer to a flat screen crt tv, I've had to connect it via s video, as the tv doesn't have a vga port, it works, but the picture jumps up and down, has anyone else tried to connect a tv via s video and have any idea's as to how to stop it jumping, also the psu doesn't have a p6 connector, but the previous one did, after a bit of reading up online, it seems not having the p6 plugged in could cause system instability, and the computer does indeed keep turning itself off and restarting, I'm assuming this is why, is there a way around the psu problem without buying a new psu, because getting a new mobo or replacing the cpu seems ridiculously expensive when you can get a modern board for not much more

Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Connecting old computer to crt tv

This is more of an educated guess than anything, but I call it an educated one because I have seen this happen with TV's like that when trying to play back information from newer game systems.
I am going to guess that it could be your tv. To test this, could you try it with a different tv?

Old 11-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
This is more of an educated guess than anything, but I call it an educated one because I have seen this happen with TV's like that when trying to play back information from newer systems game systems.
I am going to guess that it could be your tv. To test this, could you try it with a different tv?
Thanks for the reply, the rest of the tv work perfectly, and I've even tried it in two different ports, but I shall try it and see, it's the first time I've seen the problem, so you probably have a better idea than me, thanks
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Please let us know if this works for you.
If not, we can look at other possible options.