connecting to internet

snooz

Beta member
So i just installed xp but cant connect to the internet. I keep reading to make sure to have your network drivers installed but i really have no clue where to find those either online or on my mobo disk. ( i have a dfi INF. NF ULTRAII-M2 motherboard btw) So i was wondering if you guys have any tips or something that is easy to miss that im missing.

also i have my old hd that crashed but i can plug it in with my new hd and get my files from it. So i was thinking there might be a way to get my network files from my old hard drive if possible?

XP makes me cry when it comes to networking. More often then not you have to install your chipset drivers and networking drivers from your motherboard makers web site or the nice disk they should give you.

If you can't find the drivers on your CD then go to the manufacturers web site, follow the download/support links and you should be able to find your motherboard model number on there. I tried looking into it and you might want to go here, but I hate DFI's website and refuse to buy their products because of it so you might want to double check my work.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/portal/CM/cmproduct/XX_cmproddetail/XX_WbProdsWindow?action=e&downloadType=&windowstate=normal&mode=view&downloadFlag=false&itemId=496

yeah i also tried that but on the disc under network its just blank. Also on the website for my motherboard theres only 4 drivers Audio driver, nvidia chipset driver, RAID driver, and I/O driver... I also agree with you on their website its terrible . Maybe later when i get home from work i will call them.

Back
Top Bottom