connecting 4u raid racks?

ServerMaster

Solid State Member
how are raid racks connected to the server motherboard? are they connected by ethernet or external sas wires?

most NAS servers like your talking about have motherboard built in so its already connected what exactly are you trying to do? it would be easier to help you if we had more info

i am looking to run a large dating website and i want a bunch of arrays of hard drives to show up as one hard drive and have the website share the raid array with the operating system which will be suse linux enterprise server. i will have tape drives for backup and many server racks connected to make one giant server.

i am looking to run a large dating website and i want a bunch of arrays of hard drives to show up as one hard drive and have the website share the raid array with the operating system which will be suse linux enterprise server. i will have tape drives for backup and many server racks connected to make one giant server.

If i get this right, you want each 4U rack, with multiple hard drives to show up as just one big hard drive for each 4U rack, then you want each of these 4U racks to then be clustered to again show up as one big hard drive on top of each 4U's individual raid making a giant single hard drive out of multiple raids for a dating website? If this is right may i ask why? Curious since there might be an easier way to accomplish this if it's only for a single website.

yes or unless there is a way to have the server send data to a different array when the first array gets full. how do i do this.

How much data are you talking about for a dating website? What in the world is going to use that much data? There's many programs that can handle this, but i'm still confused why such a website would even use that much.

Back
Top Bottom