Comuter Problem, please help

Unibagel

Beta member
hello all im new here and i have an issure with my computer..
well to start things i have an emachine t3516, 3.2 ghz processer, 768 ram, 8500gt 512 video card, microsoft media edition...yeah thats about it

well to the problem,
so i turn on my computer and try to put something to another hard drive and it just start lagging really really bad...sound too everything untill i stop, it does the same thing when i try ripping or installing stuff my my cds or dvds...
i thight it might have been the video card using too much power and its not...i took it out and tried. ive tried to intall windows on another hard drive and it doesnt work....like i got the setup files on there and then it doesnt start up from there...well im not really sure yet...do you think it could be my hard drives? cause it worked fine for the person that had it before which was like 4 days ago..
well if anyone has any idea of whats wrong please help, thank you

Ok, I didn't completely understand your problem.

So you have One or Two hard drives in your computer? It sounded to me like you have two, and when you try installing things to your secondary (slave) drive, or saving files to it, your computer laggs up.

Xp/Vista? How long have you had this computer? I'm assuming it's not your video card. If it has a 3.2ghz processor it's pobably fairly new, and even if it was old it could handle a DVD unless your vid. card was frying.

Here are some hdd tests. Choose the one for your harddrive and run it.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

well i have 3 hard drives sorry about not mentioning them...
and i have xp media edition, and it all worked like 4 days ago like i said...
well i sorta chanched some wires up, maybe not the hard drives ones i will try when i get home...hopefully it works, thanks

Back
Top Bottom