Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Computex... meh

So I was fairly underwhelmed by computex, both in terms of the tech on display and the sorry coverage of the event on youtube. Sure there were some cool new cases, z170 mobos, and some sweet new gsync and freesync monitors (plus one that was integrated into a latop.... badass) but I was disappointed overall. The tech industry is stagnant. Aside from VR and AR, which I think will be huge, nothing is groundbreaking anymore. Where's the hype around DX12? I remember DX11 was a big deal. Broadwell is a trainwreck but I expect Skylake to be a great set of chips. And every phone these days is the same (obviously there can only be so much innovating at any given time but still). I hope E3 wows because last year's was a stinker.

Edit: I wanted to add that the coolermaster master case is the best thing I saw. A modular case is brilliant! I want to see what's going on with Project Christine as well because that was quite promising. Any news on that front?

jarlmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:28 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Computex... meh

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/videos

this is the coverage i've been watching, tbh I'll have to say besides Thermaltake I'm enough of a geek to have been watching every bit of coverage i could find and loving it.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
In Runtime

Oh I'm watching every bit of coverage I can find as well. I'm watching Paul's hardware coverage currently which is pretty good. But my main source was Maximum PC's channel which is just awful. Production value is so low.

Also for the love of god why can't these companies get people who speak good English or have some product knowledge? Either you can't understand what they are saying OR they can barely speak about the products on display. I get that its in Taiwan but the US is still the biggest market for everything so it pays to speak good English
Old 06-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

I watch a lot of geek youtubers; linus, paul, tek syndicate etc. All of them are currently at Computex - I think the highest production value is probably Linus and his guys because they are there fully sponsored by MSI, and they have a lot of sponsors anyway.

I think they're Canadian from what I know of them, Canadians speak pretty good english :P
Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
In Runtime

I meant the companies who are displaying products like MSI, Enermax, etc. Their spokespeople are barely understandable
Old 06-08-2015, 04:53 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

No idea if this was there or not... but kinda cool:
http://www.virtuix.com/products/

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #7
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaman633 View Post
No idea if this was there or not... but kinda cool:
http://www.virtuix.com/products/
That was at CES. Totally badass.