Computers won't boot up

calebsurface

Solid State Member
I recently replaced three Windows machines with some Mac Mini machines because we are working on switching to an all Mac environment. Well, I have need for these three Windows machines now, but I cannot get them to boot. They all worked when I replaced them, even if it was slowly. When I plug them in, the power light will come on momentarily, then turn off. Why is it doing this and how can I fix the problem?

It would be hard to imagine that all 3 crapped out at the same time. Check all of the internal connections. Depending on how roughly they got treated when they got moved may factor in.

Well I know that I made sure they weren't banged around when moved or anything. I can't seem to imagine why. Two of them I messed with the internals some but put everything back. The other one was just recently replaced and I never did anything to it besides move it from the office it was in to mine. I'll open it up and check things then try again.

Hey,

Well, if you just need to get data off of the hard drives - just take them out and put them into working systems as slaves/secondary drives. If you need to use these pc's, try changing power supply/cabling (this has helped me before with faulty cabling)/Checking RAM.

Does any of the machines POST? Do they all suffer from the same problems? Are you using all of the same peripherals with each machine?

Thanx

--Steveo

I'm using the same power cord for all three machines so maybe I should check that. The only thing that baffles me is how the one machine that was working fine all of a sudden won't boot just like the other two machines. Anything specific you can think of?

Hey,

As I stated - it could be the peripherals. Use a different set of these to test all 3 machines. So same mouse/keyboard/powercord and make sure nothing else is plugged into these pc's until the problem is fixed - including network cables and printers, etc.

Did you need to use the computers or just get data off of the hard drives?

Thanx

Steveo

EDIT: Also, change the powerpoint that you are using to try and draw power from for the pcs. It's a longshot buy may work. You may have a faulty powerpoint.

Back
Top Bottom