computers wont boot-2 problems

westmn

Baseband Member
first problem: my desktop that runs windows xp cant get past the loading screen to start windows. in safe mode it doesn't get past mup.sys (ecache.sys is the next one) and by wont get past i mean it just freezes. Ive tried putting in my windows CD and it loads all the drivers then gets stuck at 'starting windows' and sits there for about 20 minuts before it restarts itself. It has a 30$ motherbord that i got openbox from newegg and it doesnt matter what hard drive i put in or which CD drive i try. (out of 3 HD and 2 CD drives) is there anything i can try?

second problem: my laptop (which is about a month old) will get to the password screen on start up and try and load vista when you log in but it just takes you to a black screen where you can move your mouse but you cant do anything else. same with safe mode, but in safe mode you can see the "safe mode" words around the edges like normal. before this happend the screen would flicker between bright and dark very quickly and sometimes slowly, the laptop has an 8800GT so i think it could be over heating. is there anything i can do for the laptop or should i just return it on its warenty?

I hope you can help, thanks for reading. (sorry for the spelling)

2/ the screen isnt bad because it will only flicker when windows is loaded, not bois or windows loading.

Back
Top Bottom