Computers dropping like flies!!

To further illustrate the problem:

Dead puter - YouTube

I plugged the SSDs and HDD back in and cranked it up today. Nothing's changed. Going to take it apart tonight or tomorrow. Ran out of time yesterday. This is my machine. My friend's machine does the same thing.

what mobo is each pc?

take all but one stick of ram. Somewhere on the mobo you should have a jumper there that will reset your bios, also do u have a memOK! button?

i ask what boards as people may be able to give you more advice or have experience with the same one.

Mine is an MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3)

Not sure what his is. I'd have to look. I really think mine's dead. I really hope his isn't.

Already done one stick of RAM. Already reset the BIOS. No memok button.

Just bought a POST card to test my mobo. Should be here in a week-ish. Hope that IS the problem with mine (so at least I know what's wrong with it...) and I hope that is NOT the problem with my buddy's...lol

Just bought a POST card to test my mobo. Should be here in a week-ish. Hope that IS the problem with mine (so at least I know what's wrong with it...) and I hope that is NOT the problem with my buddy's...lol

-::Update::-

So...got the POST card. Plugged it in with just the CPU and one RAM stick...nothing. Not a damn thing happened. No beeps, nothing on the POST card, no nothing.

Think I'm pretty safe in assuming the MoBo is dead now. Agree, everyone?

there is 1 thing left to try check all the connections with a muilti meter or change the Power supply.

and have you reseated the original memory back in the pc I have lost this thead as it was started a while ago any luck joy with this I would not think it was the motherboard but you never know if it is there is nout you can do about it other than buy a new one harch but fair.

Kind Regards

I know it's not the PSU because I tried another PSU and it didn't work.

ok, so the last thing and only thing left before you though at a good Motherboard is the processor, replace the processor and see if you have any joy that is the only part you have to changed.

it is your Discussion if you want to though it away in past experience the processor has caused such effect and when changed it worked and was not the motherboard at all you make the final call all we can do is advise.
Kind Regards

Yea...it could be the CPU I guess but A - I've NEVER heard of a CPU dying, B - If they do die, isn't it pretty much a "*poof*...it's dead" kinda thing, and C - I don't have another CPU to test with.

If you plug 2 totally different computers in to the same outlet don't you think it would stand to reason there's something up with the power comming out of the outlet. Maybe it's really dirty or the ground wire in the outlet is not connected. I'd check the clamp holding the ground wire to the grounding rod. If the wire's snapped off or the connection is corroded, it could lead to spikes getting through.
Also if the ground is not good and solid or not connected, a UPS or surge supressor is useless. They both need a good ground to be able to do their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom