computer won't turn on

Can dust bunnies cause the mobo to short? I did blow the dust out last week but there were still some dust bunnies left over when I opened the computer up today

God, I hope dust bunnies can't cause shorts. If they do, every electronic device I own is in mortal danger. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure dust bunnies aren't that conductive. They can cause overheating, though.

Can you unplug the HDD altogether and see if it boots without it hooked up?
Did you check the RAM to make sure it's still seated correctly (and maybe re-seat it while you're at it).

Can you unplug the HDD altogether and see if it boots without it hooked up?
Did you check the RAM to make sure it's still seated correctly (and maybe re-seat it while you're at it).

I can do you one better I unplugged every hard drive and optical drive and anything unnecessary for a test boot and still the same result.. I plugged everything back in one at a time too same thing happens

this is just too weird I do something as simple as switch sata ports which I have done before a few times but this time everything dies

No didn't check my ram. I did however check psu like a guy in class today mentioned my friend loaned me his old one and i stuck it in and everything powered up just fine. However I did put mine back in and i found out it may have been a loose cable on the end of the psu for the long mobo connector. I always keep forgetting with my modular psu to check the back end as well to see if it is loose

STill on guard about my hdd issue though. (see thread at bottom) if that happens again I will switch to another sata port and see what happens as I undid all the stuff I did for the hard drive when things stopped working.

http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/hard-drive-dissapears-computer-216553.html

Back
Top Bottom