Computer won't turn on

Have you mounted the motherboard on stand-offs?

standoff2.jpg

Okay, the CPU fan WILL work if I plug it directly into the PSU, but not the mobo.

And no, Rem, I used normal screws ... and yes, I know why you asked ... and yes, I think I just found my problem.

New question: will I be able to get a replacement from newegg?

There's your problem then.

You need to mount the stand offs on the motherboard tray, pop in the motherboard then screw the motherboard to the stand offs.

This is essential so the rear of the motherboard doesn't short on the metal tray.

Newegg might replace it. But check it out first after you've mounted it properly.

:)

Try remounting the motherboard as explained by Remeniz and see if it works before contacting Newegg about a replacement.

I remounted, and it will turn on! Thank you everyone.

One last problem: the cpu fan will still not work when plugged into the mobo. I think I blew that circuit after powering on the first time (I did hear something that sounded like a shot-circuit). I don't know how else to power the cpu fan, and obviously I need that fan to work...

Can I just say that you have a very nice set up there.

Check everything out first.

Make sure the fan itself hasn't died.

I'm positive now that I've blown part of the Mobo. The fan will work when plugged into the PSU, but not the Mobo. And I'm having trouble with some of the USB ports. I'm going to see if I can get it replaced, if I'm lucky. Thank you for the help everyone.

Back
Top Bottom