Computer won't turn on.

OTSS

In Runtime
Alright here is the problem, First off it is my little cousins computer. I hit the power button and just the lights on the fans turn on and the fans spin but not to full speed. This includes the CPU fan and case fan. The video card fan appears to be going normal speed. But also the lights blink and don't stay on. The computer will not post at all. I check to make sure the ram was fitted properly and that the video card was seated right. I also put my power supply in which is working perfectly and it still does not post. What else should I do next?

Well I just tried mine and his computer does not use as much power and still won't work.

Well never quite fixed it but it was the cpu. The pins were like bent in the most messed up way. The bent over like most but some bent at a 90 degree angle. We actually won't even mind throwing out the cpu and mobo for a new one because it was a s939. We are gonna get a new cheap mobo cpu and ram for $300

i had the exact same problem once before. I went to frys and ended up getting 2 gb of ram, new motherboard, and intel core duo 2 for like 300 bucks. I am not exactly sure if it was the best stuff available but it fitted my needs perfectly!

Back
Top Bottom