Computer wont stop sending and receiving bytes and other problems

bluto said:
What terrible stupid advice.Someone is just trying to understand page loading and what a modem can and can't do.
Heres the deal,
You can have the fastest possible device,if the other end is sending to you on a 56k then your in 56k mode.period...
:D

I said to him I think it's just the nature of a 56k modem, but I said format and reinstall if it's REALLY bothering him.

No advice is "terrible" or "stupid", just not preferable or not helpful. So I'd like you to keep your degrading comments to yourself in future, especially speaking to Mods (not saying I'm special but I deserve a bit of respect don't I?).

I can get MR. EDITOR to pay you a visit if you wish?

Have you updated your Windows XP lately? If not, that is your problem. There are many "plugs" that Microsoft have created to plug the holes in Windows XP.

One of the holes will constently sent out infomation to broadcast that you have an open hole.

This is going to be a pain until the update process is complete. With a 56K modem plan on spending at least several hours downloading and updating your system.

Just in case you don't know how to do this, you open your internet connection. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools -> Windows update. Walk through the steps to update. Start with the Critical Updates and Service packs before anything else.

And keep updating until all of the Critical Updates are complete. That should do the trick.

OR...if you already do update your Windows XP automatically or for that sake your virus software definitions, then you are downloading the software updates. That is what you are seeing, the bytes count of the downloading Windows update or virus definitions. Let your computer idle for a while to allow the download to finish.

Hope this helps.

killerdoberman said:
Have you updated your Windows XP lately? If not, that is your problem. There are many "plugs" that Microsoft have created to plug the holes in Windows XP.

One of the holes will constently sent out infomation to broadcast that you have an open hole.

This is going to be a pain until the update process is complete. With a 56K modem plan on spending at least several hours downloading and updating your system.

Just in case you don't know how to do this, you open your internet connection. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools -> Windows update. Walk through the steps to update. Start with the Critical Updates and Service packs before anything else.

And keep updating until all of the Critical Updates are complete. That should do the trick.

OR...if you already do update your Windows XP automatically or for that sake your virus software definitions, then you are downloading the software updates. That is what you are seeing, the bytes count of the downloading Windows update or virus definitions. Let your computer idle for a while to allow the download to finish.

Hope this helps.

WARNING WARNING WARNING,
Have you not read this ?
DO NOT UPDATE XP AT THIS TIME.
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1636075,00.asp

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=33518

Back
Top Bottom