Computer won't start up

TeethreeEmfor

Solid State Member
Computer Problem - YouTube
That's a video of the problem I'm having.

Everything before the problem:
It cut off randomly with no warning
It was doing no heavy tasks, just youtube, facebook, and skype.
Nothing about it has changed recently other than its location and that it has my new external hard rive.
It's case cover has been off for almost a year now due to rattling and I live with cats.
It's graphics card and hard drive have been replaced within the time I've owned it (7 years)
I use it for pirating, if this could possibly be virus related?

1. Make sure that the inside is clear of any dust and debris.

2. Check the motherboard for any distended capacitors.

Its a Dell XPS 410. I compared the insides to a picture of it a year ago and it looks the same, I could see anything different. What about the PSU should I check exactly?

Dell XPS 410 that wont boot. - Desktop General Hardware Forum - Desktop - Dell Community
Hmm, well after reading this, it seems to be a common problem with your XPS 410. I would suggest trying a different graphics card if that's possible. Or if the MOBO has on board graphics, take out the graphics card and try that. It seems that the MOBO shuts itself off without a working video card in dell computers. Several people had the same issue you are having and it seems there problem is fixed with a new graphics card.

Really? The graphics card for it died last year and it didnt do that, it would just boot normally but display nothing on the monitors.
And on the same point, this graphics card is only a year old I hope its not already broken :/

Really? The graphics card for it died last year and it didnt do that, it would just boot normally but display nothing on the monitors.
And on the same point, this graphics card is only a year old I hope its not already broken :/

Hmm, well my guess is either the PSU or MOBO failed, got any extras around just to test them?

Back
Top Bottom