Computer Won't Start: PSU or Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minfante251

Beta member
Hey I am ok with computers and understand alot but there r some things i dont get so i will explain my situation as dumb as i can. I come home one night and my computer was shut down without me shutting it down. So i go to power it on and it doesnt turn on. So the first thing i tried was to switch the psu from on to off then back again and the computer booted (without me pressing the power switch). However after lets say 12 seconds it shut down again. So i tried the switching thing again and it worked but shut down again. after the third try the computer booted and was workign fine. I come home from work and the computer won't turn on and this time switching my psu on and off won't work anymore. I think its the PSU but i am not sure bc when i put the switch to the on position i get a green light on my motherboard but the computer still won't start. IF it helps a long time ago my cd drives would not function then when i unplugged them and replugged them they worked again. Im not sure if those were early signs of a faulty power supply. Please help, any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom