Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Computer wont start after brand new build

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lten
well i figured out how to hook up the 20 + 4 pin psu..... Turn on the power... same thing.

What... the... hell...

I double checked all my front panel switches etc.... There are a few things that arent connected because there is no where to put them... Coming out of the front panel with all the other wires is a set of 4 called "1394". It just doesnt seem like that would be the problem, though. It seemed more like a PSU problems the way it just loses power. The other thing I was thinking of is jumpers. The only jumper the mobo lists is the CMOS RESET. The CMOS RESET has two prongs. It says to clear the CMOS you have to temporarilly short it. I think that means touch them together via a conductor. I did that. Still nothing. Maybe I did it wrong. I was extremely careful handling the mobo and I even wore an anti-static wrist strap the entire install.... Im at a loss for words right now Im so mad. Ive been waiting for this computer forever, I finally get it, and it seems like I have a faulty mobo....

Anything else ANYONE can think of before I kill myself?
before you kill yourself mail the computer to me, I could really use some of the parts...

I don't know about your mobo, but on my mobo I have to unplug the computer, take the battery out and then short the jumper...

wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
Solid State Member

I FIGURED IT OUT!@$!#%@#%^

Thinking really hard, it seemed to me like this WAS a short. So I did what everyone was telling me to and I looked for peices of metal touching the mobo....

What is was was an extra motherboard mounting screw that I put on. This mobo only mounts with 6 mobo mounts. I had in 7. Guess where the extra one was?.... Right behind the RAM touching all of the soldered peices. As soon as I saw this I was like . I took it off, plugged everything back together, and everything is running good. Installing Vista right now. BIOS still reads 2gigs so I dont think I damaged anything.

Thanks everyone for taking their time to help me out, I appreciate it so much. Maybe this will happen to another moron like me and this post will help them.

v0lten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anubis1980 Send a message via Yahoo to Anubis1980

Glad it fixed it, people often overlook them... i don't anymore after blowing a board up
Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #14
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lten
...I saw this I was like
lmfao! Sorry but that made me seriously laugh. That face is just priceless.

Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote