computer won't boot at all...please help

might it be the mbr...or maybe just corrupted boot files?...because my bios picks up the hard drive...if anybody got any suggestions feel free to post them, thanks

i'm trying to set my hard drive as slave...and see if i can run scandisk or something like it...if anybody has any ideas or might be able to help me, please do, thanks

i tired setting hard drive as slave, it didn't work still got black screen with flashing "_"....guess i'll have to buy a new hard drive...also that freezer trick....would it damage anything?

No. Wait, put the hard drive in, as it should be. Unplug PC and remove it's battery for a minute. Put it back after that. Power it on, rearrange a bit the settings, if needed and then, see if you still get the "_".

might it be dead battery?..... it works when i disconnect the hard drive....but when i have hard drive connected, i get the flashing "_"....and the hard drive is recognized by bios....and it doesn't make any noises....i think it still works..but somethings holding it up.. might it be that i have partitions on that drive that aren't formatted yet(raw)? and also in my bios it has hd-00, hd-01, hd-02, hd-03...for boot devices

tried removing battery...and put a new battery in it..(it was suppose to clip in place but it won't)...so i left it in there somewhat...(making a little connection..)...i had all drives hooked up...and plugged in...and now it won't even turn on!...could it be battery connection? and my model number is 2193-35u and its a ibm computer..

i've also been reading about a jumper that resets the cmos....would that be the problem..and what do i do for that?...and the power supply fans aren't even moving...could this all be happening because of battery not working?

found out that hard drive ide line was in backwards...and that it was partitioned wrong, and i also got the battery in tighter..thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom