Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default Computer Video Card problem

The other day my monitor wouldn't boot up. The first thing I thought would be the monitor but after trying another monitor, I guess it would be the video card. Now, I went out and bought a video card and that didn't work either (the video card could still be faulty).

I have reverted to onboard graphics and it's doing ok for now... but I was just wondering if anybody knows what the problem could be.

The first graphics card was a Nvideo 7200le and the one I bought was a 8400gs both 256meg and both went into my pci-e slot.

Is there any way I can work out if the graphics slot is working or not? Any way to work out if it is a mother board problem? The computer is a gateway gm5046b.

SuperCrazyOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: Computer Video Card problem

Try to check as well your memory card (It might be one of your memory are not working) because that kind of symptoms are also caused by faulty memory card.

willjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #3
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Computer Video Card problem

you said you have on board graphics card, remove that, it may be conflcting or soemthing with your other card. If not, then have you tried the gpu in every pcie slot? plus make sure youve got the latest drivers for that gpu
6950 flashed to 6970 Oc:880cpu 1300memory,2x2gb ddr3 1066,phenomII x4 955 3.2ghz,Tuniq hsf,750w psu,1tb f2 32mb 7200rpm,2tb f4 64mb 7200rpm,cyborg V7, cyborg V3, X-fi creative sounfblaster, Audiophile M-audio,Xclio-windtunnel,Tb7300 graphics tablet
madanchi is offline   Reply With Quote