Computer upgrade???

Ai1

Baseband Member
hi every one.

I know it looks like alot questions but please use some of your time and help me out.

I am new to computers so i don't know anything about it. Please help me.

I want to upgrade my computer, because it takes to long for programs to open (Photoshop) and other programs.

It sometimes can take up 3 to 5 second to just open a foulder or My computer.

When i play games, my screen will change color sometimes. (LOL it is only AOE Age of king)

(is it possible for me to upgrade my proscessor speed higher than 2 GHz?)

please if u know what i need to do to solve the above problem please help me. please tell me what parts i need to get inorder to upgrade, please help me find it and post a site that sells it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Here is some inforemations. (hope it will help)

computer brand: Sony Vaio

model:pCV-RX550

processor: 1.50GHz Intel Pentium 4

Front side bus:400

Rams: 256 SDRam (I upgrade it to 512)

Video card: 4x AGP nVidia TNT2 M64

The problem with the Age Of Empires making the screen change colors I think is a problem with the game, It does that to me too, but I cant find your model number on the Sony website so I cant really help you...

Yeah you can upgrade your video card to any of todays current AGP cards. You can upgrade your ram as well. But I dont know if sony solders on their processors so I cant help you with that one.

ARRRRR!!!! I was going to answer his question but then Adobe Reader made Firefox freeze :mad: :mad: :mad: lol jk

Anyway, I did my research but I couldnt find anything to do with your processor, Let me search a little more and I might find something, and I HIGHLY Reccomend Newegg.com for buying anything computer related, and you have a 32 meg. video card, You can uprade to any video card you want, Dont upgrade to anything less than 128 megabytes though, unless you dont play games, and If you dont then you can stay with that video card, and your ram is upgradable to 512 Megabytes, but it is REALLY slow ram (PC-133)

I just found an article that mentioned the RX 550's processor, they said that it could go to 2.6 ghz with a BIOS Update, thats all I can tell ya
But I highly reccomend lolNewegg.com though, lol

Most new users never use the system tools.
go: programs\start\accessories\systems tools
select disk cleanup and delete all unneeded files, then as a precaution scandisk your harddrive. Then run the disk defragmenter and allow it to complete.
This will speed up load times
download the program cacheman and set your windows cache to 25% of available memory
A significant hardware upgrade is to buy a highspeed harddrive at 7200 rpm-this is the most significant speed enhancer Ive found for units that have cheaper harddrives installed. More memory always helps.

Back
Top Bottom