Computer unusually noisy.

I am looking at this gizmo.

View attachment 2970

I use one of these quite often. I bought it for personal use but use it on my job when I need to reimage a computer/cash register from another one. You can also connect it to your computer and use it as an external dock. The main thing to remember is that the duplicator cannot change the partition size so make sure your destination disk is the same capacity or larger than the source disk. You can go back after the fact and enlarge the partition to occupy the unallocated space.

Is this what I would need?View attachment 2991

That should be all you need. The bracket is the same size as a standard 3.5" hard drive, so you secure the SSD to the bracket and then attach the rails to the bracket and put it in your case.

You've got this. ;)

Perfect. Inexpensive as well.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I use one of these quite often. I bought it for personal use but use it on my job when I need to reimage a computer/cash register from another one. You can also connect it to your computer and use it as an external dock. The main thing to remember is that the duplicator cannot change the partition size so make sure your destination disk is the same capacity or larger than the source disk. You can go back after the fact and enlarge the partition to occupy the unallocated space.

That should be all you need. The bracket is the same size as a standard 3.5" hard drive, so you secure the SSD to the bracket and then attach the rails to the bracket and put it in your case.

You've got this. ;)

Yes my destination disk is 325 GB or 250 for the SSD. Where as the source disk is only 80 GB.

Just to be sure. Will the SSD need a power source?

If so the blue connector connects perfectly this way.

The other port on the SSD I guess serves no purpose here.

IMG_5852.jpg

Last edited:
Cloned my 80 GB hard drive to my 250GB SSD. The clone is only 78GB. Checked on the space left on the 250GB hard drive. Only 8GBs of space left on that drive. Where would the other free space have disappeared to?

Not compressed. Will check the partition.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I did create a new partition of the free space that I saw in disk management and gave that a drive letter.

Back
Top Bottom