Computer to TV

CSM84

Solid State Member
I just recently bought a 1080p full hd tv and i am wanting to hook my computer up to my T.V. The only problem is my computer does not have hdmi. Is their a solution to this. Is their such thing as an external grapics card or something so that my computer can have hdmi connection.
Here is the specs for the Tv. and the Computer that i have it helps out.

Computer:

•Technical Details
•Intel Celeron 440 processor
•512mb ram, 80gb HDDrive
•Microsof Windows Vista
•DVD, 9 in 1 Card Reader
•Acer X163W 16" TFT LCD Monitor
•--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
•Product details
•Boxed-product Weight: 16 Kg
•Item model number: M1640
•Processor
•Intel� Celeron� 440 Processor 1.8GHz
•Front Side Bus: 800MHz
•L2 Cache 512MB
•Memory
•512 DDR2 Configuration
•Up to 4 GB DDR2
•Hard Drive/Storage
•80GB Hard Drive
•Optical Drive DVD
•Software Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista� Home Basic
•Graphics
•NVIDIA� GeForce 7050
•128MB Shared Graphics Memory Audio
•Audio
•Embedded high-definition audio with 7.1-channel audio support
•Networking
•Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
•Dimensions
•455mm (L)
•370mm (H)
•183mm (W)
•Input Devices
•PS/2 Standard Keyboard and Mouse
•Power Supply
•AC Adaptor (250 Watts)
•Interfaces
•1 x IEEE 1394 Port (6 Pin) (Rear)
•DC in: Yes Card reader: Yes
•1 x Headphone Jack
•1 x Microphone Jack
•RJ-45 Direct Port (Network)
•6 x USB Port (quantity)
•1 x VGA Connector for Monitor
•1 x Serial Port

Tv:

Product specs
General
Type: LCDScreen size: 40 inchesVideo modes
Video formats: 1080pInputs
Video inputs (rear): HDMI (3 inputs), SCART (1 inputs)

If it doesn't have HDMI, and that is what you want to use to connect your computer to your TV then you won't have any luck...

You will either have to buy a motherboard that includes HDMI or buy the sata to HDMI port thingy (I've got one on my computer but I don't use it because of 2 reasons - My monitor is DVI not HDMI and I have onboard HDMI)

Some TV's have a vga port, I know my TV does and I have connected it up a few times.

If it doesn't have HDMI, and that is what you want to use to connect your computer to your TV then you won't have any luck...

You will either have to buy a motherboard that includes HDMI or buy the sata to HDMI port thingy (I've got one on my computer but I don't use it because of 2 reasons - My monitor is DVI not HDMI and I have onboard HDMI)

Some TV's have a vga port, I know my TV does and I have connected it up a few times.

Can you post me a link to the (sata to hdmi port thingy.)lol

sata to hdmi?

Can you post me a link to the (sata to hdmi port thingy.)lol

does your tv have dsub-15 pin vga port? from your specs, i'm guessing no.

Opps sorry, I think I might have made a mistake. Although the "sata to hdmi thingy" LOOKS like a hdmi port, I am not 100 percent sure it is one. I will have to double check in the morning with a HDMI cable.

Back
Top Bottom