computer turns on an off

shadydawg

Baseband Member
hey all hope everyone is doing good.... i have neen experiencing problems with my computer... it keeps turning on an off sometimes i notice if i disconnect the power from one of the hard drives an the cd drive an it turns on.. am wondering if it the power supply acting up or is it one of th hard drive or the cds drive that has a problem.... Like now i have both the hard drives hooked up an its working with out the cd drive.. an it works also with one of the hard drive disconnected when the cd drive is hooked up.. Can some one shed soome light on my situation please....

sorry but im not following the question? are you saying if the pc is off an you disconnect a hdd, the pc turns on? or if there all connected it turns off?

Or it only works if only 2 things are plugged in (2xhdd or hdd and cd)

sorry but im not following the question? are you saying if the pc is off an you disconnect a hdd, the pc turns on? or if there all connected it turns off?

Or it only works if only 2 things are plugged in (2xhdd or hdd and cd)

there be times when i have everything hooked up to the power an the pc works.. and there are times that computers keeps turning on an off but when i disconnect the power from one of the hard drives an the cd drives the computer stays on.. its very tricky cause there are also times when i just have the power connected an the computer would still do the same thing turn on an off... Am wonndering if it's the power suppply on its way out

It sounds very much like it is pointing to the Power Supply. However it also points at the system memory as well this is one sign of memory failing.
Download an ISO image of memtest86 and let it run and if you get 2 passes or more you know you are ok do 1 stick at a time.
Memtest86
if memory is good then test the power supply or get another one and replace the old one I would say give it a test with a muilty meter but don't know if you have one of those.

Kind Regards

It sounds very much like it is pointing to the Power Supply. However it also points at the system memory as well this is one sign of memory failing.
Download an ISO image of memtest86 and let it run and if you get 2 passes or more you know you are ok do 1 stick at a time.
Memtest86
if memory is good then test the power supply or get another one and replace the old one I would say give it a test with a muilty meter but don't know if you have one of those.

Kind Regards

thank you for our reply i will down the thing you mentioned an give it a shot san your right i don't have a multimeter:) but if all is good with thhe memory am get another psu

Back
Top Bottom