computer turns on by itself

kliwks

Beta member
I have a computer that is shut down at the end of the day. (6PM). When I come back in the morning, the computer is on. The other 3 computers (same models) in the same area are still off. The area is secure at night. Windows update is turned off. No scheduled tasks. It is a Dell GX-270 desk top, Windows 2000, not sure on SP1 or 2. Never ran into this before, not sure what to check. The motherboard was replaced by another service engineer. No details on that. I'm not sure if the problem started after that.

Thats all the info I can think of thats relevent. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks in advance for your help.

I have a computer that is shut down at the end of the day. (6PM). When I come back in the morning, the computer is on. The other 3 computers (same models) in the same area are still off. The area is secure at night. Windows update is turned off. No scheduled tasks. It is a Dell GX-270 desk top, Windows 2000, not sure on SP1 or 2. Never ran into this before, not sure what to check. The motherboard was replaced by another service engineer. No details on that. I'm not sure if the problem started after that.

Thats all the info I can think of thats relevent. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks in advance for your help.
Unplug it's cat5 cable the next time you shut it down. It may be using LAN Wakeup. If that is the case, look into the bios settings for the lan wake-up settings.

Back
Top Bottom