Computer Temperatures. Comment.

«BladE|==|

Beta member
Ok, recently I bought a new computer. I have a Thermaltake Soprano case, Asus P5ND2-SLi Deluxe Mobo, and a 3.2ghz Dual core 2x2mb cache pentium 4...with stock cooler on. Now, i have been working with computers for a while, and never have I seen a stock cooler run so well. I have Q-fan on, and my cpu fan runs at around 1100 - 1400 rpm. Whilst Idling...my cpu runs at, believe it or not, anywhere from 22 to 25 degrees. I am NOT in a cold climate or anything like that, i am in Brisbane, Australia. Why, does my cpu run sooo cold? It's unheard of. Anyways, my northbridge "supposedly" runs at 36 degrees also. My case has one rear, and one front 12cm fans running at about 1400rpm, and one 8cm fan on the left side of the case. Now, i decided just to feel the actually temperatures inside my case...cpu heatsink...freezing...red heatsink RIGHT NEXT to the cpu, about, 100 DEGREES. I ACTUALLY, BURNT, my finger...can anyone PLEASE tell me, why that damn red heatsink on my new mobo runs so f**king HOT! My god, is that dangerous or something? Is it a faulty motherboard? I hope not because it is a brand new mobo, i built this computer myslef and I really don't want to take it back to the place of purchase to get a new one back on warranty. Can any one inform me of why there is such an extreme temperature difference?

EDIT: Also, i'd jsut like to note that i also bought a "Thermaltake Blue Orb II" Just because i was intending to o/c this pc real good. But because that damn red heatsink runs so damn hot, i'm scared to even touch it. And anyways, who needs a better cooler when your cpu is at 23 degrees? Not me, that's for sure.

I am thinking that you might need to get a better fan, one that will keep better track of the actual temperature. Stock fans sometimes just go one speed and will not adjust to the temperature. If you want real cooling and have a halfway-decent computer knowledge, try investing in a water-cooling system. Hope this helps.

Another thing that might be is a faulty temperature sensor on the motherboard. Check to see if the mobo is still under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom