Computer system isn't working

I would suggest using Nod 32 AV in future, if you want a free one I recommend Comodo, I use there free Firewall as it is excellent but they now have an AV out so try that.

I don't think I got a virus though. I did scans and everything and I never found a virus.

I don't think I got a virus though. I did scans and everything and I never found a virus.

Im not saying you have a virus just thinking that your PC was fine till you installed Avast so this tells me that there is a conflict of drivers somewhere between Avast and other software that you already had on, a spyware program perhaps or firewall software maybe, try removing Avast and then rebooting to see if it fixes the issue, if it does try another AV software.

oh I already uninstalled avast. I honestly have no idea what could be wrong because I reinstalled AIM6 around 7 times and each time I try double clicking the icon, the sidewindow pops up but then disappears in a matter of milliseconds.

And the repair install didn't work either, hmmm what exactly did the window say that kept popping up for your mother? was it an error code ?

I have no idea. I asked her and she forgot. She just said she pressed cancel for it so it may have been an update or something. However, I can't even access the microsoft update site with IE.
I haven't tried the repair install yet because I still have some things I have to do with the computer and it may take too long.

Back
Top Bottom