Computer switching itself off

Status
Not open for further replies.

novahifi

Baseband Member
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a likely reason why my laptop should suddenly switch itself off without warning or a blue screen or anything?

It is a toshiba Intel core Duo @1.66GHz with 1GB RAM and uses Windows XP operating system. I did not get any Windows error messages like the ones where the problem is caused by Windows drives conflicting. Is there a chance that there is something wrong with the power button or something like that?

Thank you.

have u tried removing the battery and running it straight from the mains ?

Have you got all the latest updates from mirosoft?, If not then go there and download them.

Have you made any changes to the system, dropped it, spilled on it, anything?

Could be overheating, I have a gateway laptop (piece of crap) which would overheat to 100 celcius then just randomly shut off. It was like no messages saying its gona overheat, it just turned off. Then the screen broke and I just have it sitting in a case in my living room.

do you happen to have windows xp professional sp2, and do you play games when it happens?

That was an isolated incident, but recently it has been happening all the time. Strangely always when I play an online game. I wonder what this member knew that I don't. Anyway I am considering getting a new laptop now. This one is only two years old, but it is less serviceable frankly than my very old 2002 laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom