Hi everyone

My computer is stuck on
"Verifying DMI pool data"

"remove disks or other media"
"press any key to restart"

This is all i am getting. Windows 7 will not start
If anyone can help, please be detailed, i'm a noobie to all this

Thanks

If you have your OS disk put it in your DVD drive and reboot, then follow instruction when disk loads and let it repair your PC OS.

can you go in to the bios and make sure hard-drive is set to the first boot device. Usually when u get the message "remove disks or other media" its because the hard-drive is not set to the first boot device

yes what JCB said.. it means either your harddrive is not correctly plugged in or you have it disabled in the bios..

best thing is to check the bios and if it shows up then it's actually their

Switch computer on

Press Del key
in bios options under system configuration or boot order...
Check your harddrive is first to boot or make it first to boot from harddrive
Press F10 key and then press Y for yes to save.. restart and lets hope it works

I have the recovery disc

I can hit delete which takes me to the bios screen. I select hard drive for first and it's set to auto.

I can also hit F12 and boot from whichever drive i have

A) has the OS
B) is storage

When i hit F12, and choose A to boot, the disc will not boot. All i get is Verifying DMI data pools, and it stays there. If i choose B, the disc will boot, but the operating system is not shown in the repair section, though the OS is on A, not B

B is the slave and A is the master according to BIOS

Confused :(

Sounds strange, altho B is really odd if you say that's storage but still boots? you mean boots into windows?

Kinda don't understand that part

And have you got SATA or IDE or are they both 1 of another?

Sounds strange, altho B is really odd if you say that's storage but still boots? you mean boots into windows?

Kinda don't understand that part

And have you got SATA or IDE or are they both 1 of another?

B doesn't boot into windows, sorry. Both drives are SATA

If this message suddenly shows up, one of two things.

A) Motherboard issue
B) Hard drive died

Before doing anything else, turn the system off, unplug the power cord to the PC itself and hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Let go, plug it in again and turn the system on. Does it boot up? If not, grab Download Hiren and burn it to CD / make a bootable flash drive

Boot your system to it, and go to hard drive tools. From there, you may have to go down a couple levels in the menu to find it, but run GWSCAN and see if it detects your hard drive. If it doesn't, then the system may not see it either. If it does see it, run a full extended test on the drive (it'll first run a quick test) then if it says it repaired errors, try to boot up again. If not, let us know the error message.

Alternatively, it may be an issue with the memory or something with the motherboard. You can use the same boot CD to run a Memtest to see if the RAM in your system is OK.

If this message suddenly shows up, one of two things.

A) Motherboard issue
B) Hard drive died

Before doing anything else, turn the system off, unplug the power cord to the PC itself and hold in the power button for 30 seconds. Let go, plug it in again and turn the system on. Does it boot up? If not, grab Download Hiren and burn it to CD / make a bootable flash drive

Boot your system to it, and go to hard drive tools. From there, you may have to go down a couple levels in the menu to find it, but run GWSCAN and see if it detects your hard drive. If it doesn't, then the system may not see it either. If it does see it, run a full extended test on the drive (it'll first run a quick test) then if it says it repaired errors, try to boot up again. If not, let us know the error message.

Alternatively, it may be an issue with the memory or something with the motherboard. You can use the same boot CD to run a Memtest to see if the RAM in your system is OK.

No, that's the media test failure error prompt , this one is corrupted file in HDD..DMI is desktop management interface, where it sends info from bios to the OS

You need to repair windows, use a backup windows disk

Back
Top Bottom