Computer Stops

metin

In Runtime
Ok so I've gotten done building my computer, specs in sig.
Its blazes through basically anything I throw at it
But sometimes it just freezes out of the blue, and my screen gets stuck with whatever sound was on repeating.
My MoBo has 2 red LED indicators on it and I have no idea what they mean.
Any help?
Nothing is overclocked.
I was looking at drivers and I believe I have to uninstall my old drivers before I use new ones, is this correct?

I was looking at drivers and I believe I have to uninstall my old drivers before I use new ones, is this correct?

Yes, that is true.
As for the two LED indicators on your motherboard, it would be smart to look them up on Google and check what they could mean. Btw, make sure you have your Anti-Virus installed etc.

I took off all my jumpers, not knowing what I was doing.
Should I put them back?

YES! Put the jumpers back where they were. Jumpers are used to "manually" switch settings on the motherboard. It would be good to get your manual out and read what each jumper setting is and what the LEDs are for. If you don't have one you could give the manufacturer's website a shot.

As far as your sound issue, it may have to do with drivers. It would be a good idea to look up the sound card (or integrated model) and download the most recent drivers for it.

I'd also like to be clear on whether both the image and the sound freeze/loop or if it's just the sound.

Both the image and sound stop/loop.
And I'm about to go get some audio drivers, I forgot to update after I installed from manufacturers CD.
I'm going to put the jumpers back on tomorrow as it is 1:30AM and everyone is sleeping in my house lol
thanks

Back
Top Bottom