Computer sound stops working when monitor goes into standby

ratedr98

Beta member
Hello, I have had this problem for a few weeks and thought it would just go away once I update a few things. I have posted another one like this on Microsoft answers but there answers are frankly terrible! I have a ViewSonic VX2239wm monitor and whenever my PC goes into standby mood and I re-log onto my PC the sound stops working and I have to go into the sound settings and then it says it is not connected via the HDMI which my sound and picture go through but then finds it and sound works fine! All drivers and software is up to date and it is a brand new HDMI cable. Any suggestions will be great!

PC Specs:
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor
Asus M4A87TD/USB 3.0 Motherboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

are you sure it's not going into hibernation instead of sleep mode? is the monitor plugged directly into your MB or your GPU? if it's in your GPU, it'll take longer to find the sound as itll have to go through the GPU and register that the sound device is in your MB, if that makes any sense. try plugging the monitor directly into your MB.

I cant do that as I run sound through my HDMI lead, I could run it through an audio cable though, I wish I had gotten that response sooner as it seems that is logical! Thanks for your reply :)

Back
Top Bottom