Computer Slow Down

Stealth11

Beta member
About 2 years ago I built a computer for myself and recently it has started to become a bit laggy when using any application and even just switching between applications. I believe this is because I used a 30GB SSD hard drive which currently is showing only 2.27 GB Free. I have checked to see if there's anything I could move around but it seems to mostly be from the Windows OS. Am I correct in my thoughts that this is the cause of my slowness?

If so is it possible for me to go and purchase a 120GB SSD and somehow transfer all of the information from the current one to this new one without having to do much setup. The Bios is slightly tweaked for performance and I kind of forget what I did so having to redo it would be a bit of a pain.

Hello,
You don't have to do any setup in the BIOS. Just plug in the new one, it get auto-detected. However, if you want to transfer everything from the 30GB SSD to the new one, just use a Live Linux CD and the "dd" util.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go into firefox or chrome and delete your browsing history. I was amazed I had almost 2 gigs of history in chrome from just 4 months of usage.

Since it appears your able to live on 30gb for such a while, I would get the 120gb ssd. You can use macrium reflect to clone the drive, then expand the cloned partition to the full 120gb in windows 7/vista disk management.

Back
Top Bottom