Computer Shutting off IN GAME!!!

gibsonsg0005

Baseband Member
Hi, Lately I've been trying to play games on my computer (Command and Conquer/Rise of Nations) and in the middle of my games my computer SHUTS OFF! I don't know why it does it, it didn't used 2 do it before. I have 512mb of Memory and a 3Ghz P4. Anyone know why this is happening????

-Rob

Check event viewer for errors:
-Start
-Control Panel
-Administrative Tools

Watch your temperatures, sounds like the computer's overheating.

yes,like the person above said,it sounds like overheating,i had the same problem on my old laptop,check your cpu's temperature.

Well, I'm not sure about the temperature of the CPU but my display reads that it's about 85 degrees in the case. I have 2 normal size fans and 1 big fan takin air in and I have 1 normal size fan blowin the air out of the top. How else could I keep it cooler?
Thanks
Rob

Well, I'm not sure about the temperature of the CPU but my display reads that it's about 85 degrees in the case. I have 2 normal size fans and 1 big fan takin air in and I have 1 normal size fan blowin the air out of the top. How else could I keep it cooler?
Thanks
Rob

ouch, that temp is like impossible. Sounds really bad, I would be surprised if your cpu wouldn't be overheating.
Check the cpu temp from the bios.

And you could try opening the side of the case, also clean all the dust from the case and the fans.

Back
Top Bottom