Computer Shutting off

luke1991

Solid State Member
When i start my computer it either shuts off about 5 sec after i turn it on, it will shut off in about 5 or 10 min. or it would shut off after about 20 min, from the time i turned it on. It just shuts off at random times.

I dont think its overheating becouse all the fans are working, the computer doesint get loud after it shuts off, and after it shuts off the computer is still cool.
Windows starts up nornaly and everything seems fine except the computer just keeps shutting off. Can someone please help me out. Thanks

Hi luke, can you give us some info to work with mate, what your pc is, brand name or custom etc, temperatures etc. You get the idea, ;) we need info to troubleshoot with.

Cheers.

Corsair 1 gb of ram
Wester digital caviar 80GB hard drive
Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard
Amd Athlon 64 3800 (using stock heatsink also)
Saphire Radeon x850XT
Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W Power Supply

im not sure what u mean by my pc temperatures
temp of vc?
temp of cpu?
temp of wat???

Check your ram, and video card are seated correctly, next check them and the heatsinc for dust and clean, give the inside of your case a vacuum carefully to remove any more build up of dust, use a little fine brush to go round the jumpers , If this doesn't work, then run a scan disk of our HDD, run memtest to test your ram, try running it on one stick to see if it makes any difference, run an virus scan , if then its still not running right try a repair install of XP or reformat, if that doesn't help then start looking at your PSU OR HDD.

well i air dusted the computer by thats all
i think the problem is that i need to take all the dust out from the heatsink becouse i see some dust stuck in the heatsink and there is problem alot of dust under the heatsink

ok ill try all those ways, thanks for the help
ill post back

I would also try running memtest on the system. Random shutoffs can be caused by RAM issues.

Back
Top Bottom