Computer shuts down automatically :(

Beta member
Hello (first post)
I recently purchased a new pc case and moved all my components to it but now when i start the computer it runs for a few seconds and then automatically shuts down. I tried starting it up with the old case too but with the same result. I've also tried changing the PSU but that didn't help either.
Does anyone know what could be wrong? please help :(

My computer:
AMD 2600+
MSI KT4AV mobo
512 + 256 mb ddr
Radeon 9600XT 128mb
400w PSU

sounds like there is no cooling on your CPU. Make sure you reapply thermal paste and put the heatsink on properly.

Oh yeah try a different outlet. I had a problem like that thinking it was my PSU but its was just the outlet.

Sometimes it can take up to a minute for it to shutdown but sometimes it only takes a few seconds, all depending for how long i've let it rest. I usually don't have the monitor plugged in when i start it anymore so i can't really tell exactly how far it gets :|.

I tried changing the outlet but it didn't help, i'll see if I can borrow some thermal paste from someone.
what should I use to remove the old paste?
thx

You should always ahve the monitor plugged in that can confuse the computer for a start

yeah its definately your CPU you need to reapply thermal paste and properly install the heatsink or get a new one.

I use alchohol swbs to take the paste off. Probably their is a better way but it works for me.

Ok, thx alot everybody, i've been thinking about getting a new heatsink for a while now anyway so i guess this gives me a good enough reason :)

Back
Top Bottom