Computer Shut off Problem???

Theish

Beta member
Okay I have a problem with my computer. Okay the computer at first was overheating and shutting off and there were problems. Now me being the lazy bastard that I am just stopped everything that was unnecessary from using power like the cd drive and floppy drive and all of that junk. I don't know if that affected anything but my computer stopped overheating. Okay next on a couple of weeks later my computer shuts off permanently and I just think that it is the same thing from before and try to cut it back on later. But the problem is when it comes on that screen that says the computer power supply was interrupted and blah blah blah do you want to start normally or in safe mode etc etc. So when I make my selection the computer starts to come on but then a blue screen comes up and as soon as it comes up it shuts off and restarts the whole process again to just return to the blue screen and shut off. Now I opened up the case and cleaned everything out with a can of air and checked all the parts. Everything looks okay from what i can tell. But it still does that whole come on select option, blue screen flash and shut off. I don't know what to do and was asking for help. I have one of those HP computers out of the box and it is about two years old. I am also running windows XP. So if anyone can please help me please do so. Pretty please. Oh and when I try to boot up from the cd so that I can fresh install windows I get this error message ==> PCI Parity Error on Bus/Device/Function 00F0h. So if anyone can help me please I would really appreciate it.

So even when you try to reinstall windows it doesn't let you,weird. Maybe when you overheated your computer you fried some part of your MOBO.

I just fried my computer as well, the computer in my signature is now dead. I don't know what to tell you, maybe you'll need to replace your motherboard. I am buying all new parts and building it myself.

the message is telling you that there is a pci add-in card (modem, networking,sound card..etc) not working properly or not installed properly.

The way to solve the majority of these problems is to go into the BIOS and: Disable the PCI Bus Mastering Option AND Disable the PCI Serial Generation Option

If that doesn't do you any good then it is probably the south bridge which covers pci bus, has gone out and you will need a new mobo.

Can you tell me where exactly in the Bios that I cand disable that at because I don't see any options to do that and also can you tell me what I should be looking for in a MOBO. Thanks and any type of help would be thankful.

AMD XP 2200+
MSI KM3MV
2x 256 DDR 333mhz
80gig Hard drive

Well here is the thing. I took the harddrive from a computer that is working fine. And I'm still having that problem. I sent the motherboard back to the MFR to have a new one sent to me. I got a new powersupply with more watts (400W). New Video card, new memory stick. And I'm still having this problem.

Now the harddrive that I took out of the computer that isn't working and put it in the computer system that is working. And that hard drive works fine OS starts up no problem and working properly.

I disconnected everything except the new heatsink,cpu and memory. I took the motherboard out of the case and tried it that way. Still does it. I'm wondering if the CPU is damaged or something. Since that is the only thing I haven't changed or checked. I have noticed that when the cpu is pulled out of the socket for a while and put back in new heatsink. It will start up the OS fine and it was running (I was shocked). For about 4mins then it automatically restarted. And gets worse to the point it just gooes pass the BOIS part and restart. I'm at the end of my rope with this crazy problem.

Any info you have will help. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom