Computer Returned.

SpadeXL

Baseband Member
I have posted a couple times about the comp I was building. I have desided to wait and have returned my now $8000 comp back for a full refund.

With Socket AM2 coming I cant stick with the Socket 939 just for the fact there will be no better chip then the FX60 for it. Well and gotta love DDR2 =)

AMD FX62
and an NforceSLIboard or Crossfireboard which ever comes first(Supporting it in the next few months)
Will be my choice.
With 2GB OCZ EL DDR2 PC2-8000 / 1000 MHz / Platinum Edition / Enhanced Latency / Dual Channel

Also most likely I will grab the crossfire cards for the fact I can get any other ATI card and link to there master card and not be stuck with having to buy the same 2 cards for SLI. Just seems like it will be better upgrading tech to me. Hopefully Xfire will have working 16x full lanes instead of the 8x when in Xfire mode.

Does this seem like the best choice for now? Just live with out my upgrade for a few more months? Or is Intels new 65nm chip going to be the next King of the Hill in gaming???

wow $8k pc... what were the specs??

yes you should wait. bragging rights will be worth it alone. plus a new socket!!

mr.monger said:
wow $8k pc... what were the specs??

yes you should wait. bragging rights will be worth it alone. plus a new socket!!

Tyrn mainboard(workstation board)
2x Opteron 256 2.6ghz single cores
2x 512 GTX7800 SLI
X-FI SC
2x 74GB WD Raptor 10k SATA Drives(Raid 0)
2GB OCZ PC-3200 400 mhz DDR Dual channel 2-2-2-5 Lat.

Back
Top Bottom