computer restarts

mitch3636

Solid State Member
i got some new hardware for my computer (dvd-rw, new hdd, more ram) i installed it but it kept restarting. at first i put in the new ram and dvdrw (i already had a cdrw) with my old 40 gig hdd and it was working fine. but when i went to install the hdd it kept restarting.. i figured i needed a new power supply because the one i have now is only 250w. so i unhooked the dvdrw, i am only running one hdd and it still restarts. no matter which hdd i put in it restarts. i cant see why it would beable to run before with dvd-rw,cdrw,the same amount of memory only with the 40 gig hdd.. and now it cant. when i run the 40 gig hdd a blue screen with white text comes up and it powers off.. if i run the 120 gig hdd it restarts.. and it somehow seems like it is adding programs on it?

nehelp would be greatly appreciated.

As far as I know when you put too much hardware on your computer and the current Power Supply can't handle it you will get the power Supply/ some of the hardware damaged. That's what I read on a magazine but let's wait for someone with more expert than me :p

Back
Top Bottom