Computer Restarted 3 times suddenly

jrs6494

Baseband Member
Wasn't sure where to post this but yesterday my computer restarted 3 times without warning. I was running 4 clients of eve-online which I have done a million times and poof the pc restarted but once or twice the one of my 3 screens had a frozen picture on it.

Before and during the evening my UPS battery back up, which is about 7 years old, was clicking more then usual. I read that could be caused by it going to battery power or the circuit cleaning dirty power or something like that.

After the 2nd restart I decided to clean out the PC of dust which is was nasty. Was thinking it might be over heating. I have 3 220mm fans plus the hydro water cooler for cpu with 2 fans in a push/pull configuration.

Once I cleaned out the PC I tried playing again and that is when it restarted the 3rd time. This time I removed the UPS and used a generic power strip just to see if that would make a difference. At about this point it was bed time.

When I woke this morning the computer was still on where I left it at. Do you think this was a problem with my UPS? Just old and finally kicking the bucket?

Right now I have 2 eve clients on and chrome, PC is running from 32C to 44C and keeps going up and down as fans adjust. Thanks for any help and I will post updates if anything else happens.

Jonathan

sounds like your UPS is nearing the end of its life. You could possibly see if you can upgrade the firmware on the UPS (If its 7 years old I guess it dont have firmware) Was there any software that you installed on your PC?? If yes you could check for an update or remove the software completly

Back
Top Bottom